Since I became pseudo vegetarian I try making the meals where I include meat special. If I only have it once every one or two weeks I want that meal to be great! So, here’s a recipe for anyone who likes chili. It was originally created by my boyfriend’s grandmother and has been altered by me. It’s absolutely delicious and a quick meal if you don’t have much time.
1 lb ground chuck
¼- ½ c onion
~ 3 or 4 thin slices chopped
1 can Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans
1 can Red Gold diced tomatoes
1 can Contadina tomato paste
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Sugar
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Thai Red Chili Paste
- First, simmer onions in a pan with a bit of butter until they turn transparent.
- Add the ground chuck and brown in pan; once sufficiently cooked drain the beef, making sure to get most the fat off.
- Pour the beef into a pot adding the beans, tomatoes, and tomato paste to it.
- Mix in the dry spices, at the end adding in the red chili paste.
- If you’d like a less spicy version skip the pepper flakes and chili paste; add in ~1 tsp more sugar.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or plain topping it with a bit of parmesan cheese.