Here’s another meal I find myself making quite frequently, mostly because I always have the ingredients and my boyfriend loves it – hope you do too!
4 Split (2 Whole) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
½ Cup Flour
¾ Cup Crushed Saltines or Corn Meal
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Put flour in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and place next to flour.
- Place saltines or corn meal in a third bowl at the end of the assembly.
- Bread the chicken by covering evenly in flour, dipping in eggs, and covering evenly again in saltines/ corn meal.
- Heat the olive oil on high in a pan; test a small piece of chicken by placing it in the oil, when ready oil will bubble around it.
- Add the chicken breasts and brown them on both sides; about 5 min. per side.
- While cooking the sauce put the breasts on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
½ Onion Chopped
½ Cup White Wine
1/3 Cup Lemon Juice (1 Large or 2 Small Lemons)
1 Tbsp Capers
1 Tsp Basil
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
½ Tsp Oregano
½ Tsp Rosemary
½ Tsp Onion Powder
- Using a paper towel wipe out the crumbs from the pan you previously used for the chicken.
- Heat the butter on medium, once fully melted add the onion.
- Sautee the onion until translucent then add the wine and lemon juice; reduce heat to low.
- While sauce is simmering add the capers, basil, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, and onion powder.
- Continue to simmer on low, stirring occasionally (I do this by lightly turning the pan in a circular motion), until the chicken is finished cooking.
Serve on a bed of pasta (fettuccini is pictured above) and garnish with a slice of lemon. Serves around three to four people.