¼ Red Onion
1 Heart of Romaine
½ Cup Cilantro
1 8 Oz Pack Super Firm Tofu
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Remove the pit of the mango by slicing vertically along the center (around from the stem). Then carefully slice between the pit and the flesh of the mango.
- Once you have the flesh removed slice it into long, thin strips.
- Cut the red onion into halves and then halve one of those. Vertically slice the face of the onion (where you can see the rings) so it is in long strips.
- Chop the romaine into bite size pieces and chop the cilantro very small.
- Combine the mango, onion, romaine, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pan heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Cut the tofu into bite size chunks and stir fry it until it is lightly browned on all sides.
- Cool the tofu to room temperature and toss it into with the rest of the salad.
- Remove the pit from the avocado and slice it into long, thin strips (similar to the mango).
- Set the avocado aside and squeeze some lemon juice over it to avoid browning.
½ Cup Orange Juice
1/3 Cup Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove
1 Tsp Cilantro
1 Tsp Fresh Ginger
- In a cup or small bowl whisk together orange juice, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Finely chop the garlic, cilantro, and ginger; add these to the juice mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined. Re-whisk if the dressing separates.
- Serve with a spoon so you may use as needed.
- If any is left over put in a container, store in fridge, and re-whisk when ready to use.
Drizzle salad dressing over the salad, set some avocados (season with a dash of salt and pepper).
Serves around four to five people.