Back in July, 2012 I posted a recipe for stuffed peppers. Since then, I have deleted and remade the recipe. Why? Not only was I highly disappointed with the presentation, but my execution of the recipe and taste of the peppers themselves was lacking. I’ve made a mental note to never try cooking while extremely ill ever again (unless it’s chicken broth, haha).
3 Green Bell Peppers
3 Multi-Colored Bell Peppers
1 Lb Ground Beef
2 Chicken Thighs (chopped small)
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Pepper
½ Tbsp Rosemary
½ Tbsp Oregano
½ Tbsp Parsley
½ Tbsp Sage
½ Tbsp Onion Powder
1 ½ Tbsp Garlic (chopped)
1 ½ Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce (gluten free)
1 Onion (diced)
1 Cup Rice (cooked)
1 Can Crushed Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
6 oz Mozzarella Cheese
Preferred Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Pre-cook rice and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the tops off the peppers, remove the seeds, and flesh from the inside. Spray your baking pan (I used a round 8” pan) with your non-stick spray and set your pepper
- shells aside in the pan.
- Combine the beef, chicken, salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, parsley, sage, onion powder, garlic, balsamic, and soy sauce. Spray a pan with your non-stick spray and heat to a medium-high temp. Add your meat and brown.
- Once meat is browned turn your burner down to medium heat.
- Next, incorporate your onion into the meat; make sure it is evenly distributed. Cook the onion until it is transparent.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the
- meat as well as your tomatoes and mozzarella to the rice. Thoroughly mix all the stuffing components together.
- Stuff the peppers well, using a small spoon to press in the mix. Fill to the top and flatten, so you can add more mozzarella later on.
- Bake for 50 minutes; right before serving sprinkle grated mozzarella over them and bake until melted.