Yesterday I decided I wanted to make burgers. Yes, in October. It’s been unseasonably hot here so I figure, why not? I was going for something a bit sweet and spicy with this.
I tried making this as gluten free as possible. I used GF teriyaki and GF whisky in this recipe. Since, I only have a gluten sensitivity and not full on celiac disease I would advise caution to those with celiac who may want to try the recipe. Everything should be okay, but I would hate to make anyone sick.
1 20 oz Can Pineapple Tidbits in Juice
1 ½ Small Onion (sliced)
½ Tbsp Onion Powder
½ Tbsp Salt
½ Tbsp Pepper
½ Tbsp butter
- Drain half of pineapple juice out of your can before starting.
- Add your butter to a large pan; next bring the pan to medium high heat and melt butter.
- Add all ingredients and combine until the butter is evenly coating the pineapple topping mix.
- Sauté until pineapples turn golden brown.
Teriyaki Whisky Burgers
1 Lb Ground Beef
1 ½ Tbsp Garlic
1 Tbsp GF Teriyaki
2 Tbsp GF Whisky
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Pepper
½ Tbsp Sage
½ Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Butter
Pepper Jack Cheese (optional)
- Combine beef, egg, onion, teriyaki (I used San-J brand), whisky (I used Johnny Walker Red Label), onion powder, salt, pepper, sage, and paprika in a large mixing bowl. Combine well, package inside a large Ziploc bag, place in fridge, and let marinade overnight.
- Next day, form your beef mix into hamburger patties.
- Heat the butter on medium high heat in a large pan.
- Coat your pan as evenly as possible with the butter and add two-three patties.
- Cook until slightly charred on both sides (3 minutes each), bring burner down to medium low heat, and cover with a lid. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- Cover burgers with desired cheese (I used pepper jack) and melt in pan.
- Plate your burger on a large lettuce leaf and top with pineapple.